Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Please put all change requests here

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Please put all change requests here

It would be great to have a 'Success Stories' forum as well -- When I needed a pick-me-up, it was so great to visit that section.
    Cheryl
    ---------------------------
    'You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.' Edwin Louis Cole
    'A dozen elephants for a nickel is only a good deal if you have a nickel and need a dozen elephants.'
    'The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.' Chinese proverb
    ---------------------------
    BS5 - Cash-flowing living expenses for DD - launching from completing college
    BS6 - Mortgage! $22,375 Left / $91,883

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'll be working on adding the forums we're missing tomorrow.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

There are many ways medicbear911's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Not sure if anyone suggested this yet...but is there away a challenge specific category could be set up. That way all challenges are contained in a single thread. Thanks in advance and sorry it this is a repeat suggestion.
    BS#1 DONE!/BS#2 DONE! June 2015
    BS#3 $2,085/$10,300 refilling
    BS#4 On Hold!
    BS#5 No Kids
    BS#6 $55,993.31 left on house
    BS#7 Live like no one else!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Greebo & Lex, for taking up this task and standing in the gap for those of us who still wish to have a MTMMO.com-like community forum! Do you have any plans to make it mobile friendly?
    Started our Total Money Make Over: January, 2008
    Baby Step Two completed: January, 2009
    Baby Step Three completed: June, 2009
    Baby Step Four currently in progress
    Baby Step Five completed: May, 2012 (DD21 graduated with a BSN (no debt) and has a JOB!
    Baby Step Six completed: December, 2013
    Baby Step Seven: Learning to live & give like nobody else!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can you stick the Breathing Space topic in Talking Money to the top of the page?

Also, Frugal Living has 1 or 2 topics that need sticking too.

Thanks.
    "Far away, there, in the sunshine, are my brightest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
    ~~ Louisa May Alcott

BS7 reached in 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

As I'm understanding it, if I'm reading in the middle of a post, I can comment before reaching the end by quoting someone. My other option is to get to the end and then use the reply button or the quick respond button.
    I'm technologically enough challenged that both of those options are challenging me. : :-[

Using the 'reply' box, I can't figure out how to see the other posts like if I want to use someone's name. I know some of the posts are listed below the reply box, but not all of them appear to be listed.

Using 'quick reply' I don't get the bells and whistles--the emoticons, font size, color change, etc.
    And then when I've changed my mind about posting, I'm confused about how to get back to where I was...I've been hitting the back browser button, but is there a cancel button?

Could each person's comment box have a reply button in addition to the quote button? Sometimes I might want to reply right now but not quote.
    Could the reply box be a pop up box? One that you can grab and move around so you can see the person's comment that you're responding to?
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm afraid that level of customization isn't something I'm going to be able to tackle at this time. New software comes with a learning curve, for me as well. I know it's frustrating but I think after a while you'll figure out the best way to use the software, and as time goes on I'll be better at figuring out what we can change.

Meanwhile, be reassured you're not the only one going through these growing pains!
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    972 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Can we have an Emergency Preparedness Sub-form? Lots of us love this topic.
    BS 4/5/6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Mr. Greebo View Post
    I'm afraid that level of customization isn't something I'm going to be able to tackle at this time. New software comes with a learning curve, for me as well. I know it's frustrating but I think after a while you'll figure out the best way to use the software, and as time goes on I'll be better at figuring out what we can change.

Meanwhile, be reassured you're not the only one going through these growing pains!
    I love you regardless. And love the Missus too for letting you take on this enormous project!
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loveweims View Post
    Can we have an Emergency Preparedness Sub-form? Lots of us love this topic.
    Created!