Thread: Please put all change requests here

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Re: Please put all change requests here

In the text for the 'The Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover System' subforum, it says: '... you may wish to consider posting in the general 'Talking Money' forum instead ... '.

There doesn't seem to be a 'Talking Money' forum.

lexnaturalis

Good catch, spoiled. The language has been updated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    972 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The new DR TMMO, success stories and emer prep are public still. The rest are hidden until you log in.
    BS 4/5/6

lexnaturalis

Quote Originally Posted by loveweims View Post
    The new DR TMMO, success stories and emer prep are public still. The rest are hidden until you log in.
    That has now been rectified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Can the Quote be set so that the cursor is automatically one line below the bottom of the quote? I've seen a few posts now where the reply is buried in the quote itself.
    If I were asleep
    I could dream
    If I were afraid
    I could hide
    If I go insane
    Please don't put your wires in my brain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The automatic profanity filter is starring out 'f r i g', which we discovered when someone mistyped fridge over in Frugal Living. Also, 's c r e w', as in screw-top jar lid.
    -- Angela --

'How did a fool and his money get together in the first place?'

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Filter updated
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Bad Immerito! Bad, Bad Immerito! Immerito's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

Can you please fix the search function so that you don't have to go to the 'home' page in order to accurately find all relevant threads with your search term(s)?

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok I just tried doing a search on the term vBulletin while in this thread. I scrolled up to the top of the page, typed vBulletin , hit search, got no results, but it kept 'vbulletin' in the search box and when i hit search AGAIN, it searched everything.

Then I came back here, typed 'search' in the search box, hit search, and it found instances of search IN THIS THREAD ONLY.

Yeah, that's annoying. The control is context specific - but that's bad design. A control shouldn't behave differently based on where you are...

Anyway, if we weren't moving to vBulletin soon, I would figure out how to fix / change that, but in vBulletin the search function works more like you'd expect, different controls for searching globally vs. searching locally, so I'm not likely to spend time on this here.

Won't be too long before the move, I promise.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Can we please add a forum for Debt Free Screams and other celebratory news?
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - Martin Luther King

BS7