Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Please put all change requests here

Quote Originally Posted by FashionBroker View Post
    Where can I see my buddy list?

FYI, I have tried the help section of this forum and it says the admin has to activate it or something for me to see in my profile.
    From what I can see, it should be active. Can you check again - under 'Profile - Modify Profile - Buddies/Ignore List'
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

I have no idea what you're talking about. FashionBroker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Mr. Greebo View Post
    polly-anna - of course you can have your 55+ forum again. And some Ensure.

FashionBroker - let me figure out how that works, then BUDDY LISTS FOR EVERYONE!
    I may have figured it out: I changed my settings so that I see menus where possible instead of dropdowns... (fyi that is a feature) and can see my buddy list there. I will poke around and see if I can figure out how to make it stay on a main screen or something without going to my profile.
    BS 7!!

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you click on a users name, it takes you to their profile, and from there you can add them to your buddy list more easily.

Don't ask me what that does for you, though - I am just learning this forum software with the rest of you.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

I'm lost!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a naughty words/censor list? Can we have some fun with that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well I figured sooner or later someone would ask.

Yes, there is a word filter.

It, however, is blank by default. I've added a few obvious ones, and need to add more. I've also added a few 're-mappings', so if you say certain bad words, rather than **** you'll get other terms. For instance, if you try to type s--- what you'll get is poop.

I'll probably be adding more words to the filter over time as need arises. Generally I'm relying on users to behave themselves, however, and use common sense about decency.

Yeah, we're doomed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bahaha!

Husband is in cancer remission! We're back.

SL 001 : $0.00
    SL 002 : $0.00
    SL 003 : $0.00
    SL 004 : $0.00
    SL 005 : $0.00
    SL 006 : $0.00
    SL 007 : $0.00
    SL 008 : $0.00

Parent FedLoan: 11,909.88

I'm lost!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once frequented a board with a benevolent dictator who HATED 'lol' and remapped it to 'Oh my, that's so funny! Ha ha ha!'

May I humbly suggest some substitutions in this vein? The fart and poop jokes are a great start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ excellent suggestion!
    New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings -- Lao Tzu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So had a little fun with this
    {verb we love that's impolite to discuss}
    {rooster}
    {result of bodily function. smelly}
    {Horrible word of which I should be ashamed}

See if you can guess the filters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I do, however, intend to keep censoring to a minimum. Extremely offensive words, sure, but we're all, I hope, adults here and can hopefully handle the occasional damn.