Thread: Please put all change requests here

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Please put all change requests here

Guess before I start fiddling around too much I'd better download all the php and make a backup.

And yeah, there's pro's and cons. Of course if you had a database table you could create an admin screen to make it easy for everyone...
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

lexnaturalis

As a somewhat related aside, if you're looking for a script that can automate backups (including automatically uploading a copy to a cloud storage provider of your choice) you might want to check this out: https://www.akeebabackup.com/products/akeeba-solo.html

I use their Wordpress and Joomla tools almost every day for my clients and it works beautifully. Set up a cron job and it'll just automatically back everything up (files and database) and create a self-contained file that includes a built-in installer.

Continuing the journey Turcoise's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Is there anyway to make the search function work better?

I used search all the time to find the topics I had commented on so I could see what others were saying without having to search them out (usually just searched for my username). I can't seem to just search for all my posts on this one...
    BS 1 Complete
    BS 2 Starting over with a bigger household!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There you go Lex, how's that?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turcoise View Post
    Is there anyway to make the search function work better?

I used search all the time to find the topics I had commented on so I could see what others were saying without having to search them out (usually just searched for my username). I can't seem to just search for all my posts on this one...
    Click on your own username, then click on 'Show posts' to see all the posts you've written, or 'Show threads' to see all the threads you've started.

lexnaturalis

Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Mr. Greebo View Post
    There you go Lex, how's that?
    Brilliant!

Account terminated at user request
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Private topics?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

PIE!!!!!!
    BS-YOU begins after BS2- Done 1/31/13
    BS3- DONE 5/31/14
    BS4 -Ongoing
    BS6 -198,400 (new mortgage starts 1/1/19, 0 made/ 0 eliminated)
    BS7- Someday

Our DFS from FPP- 3/15/13- 2nd Hour

"Be a beacon of Hope, not a teacher of math" -Dave Ramsey 10/9/14 #FCMS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NerdBird View Post
    Private topics?
    That is something I'm looking into. It was a pretty unique feature of Fusetalk, but I think there are ways we can set something up. Not highest priority, however., sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Mr. Greebo View Post
    I've attempted to enable spell checking. Not sure how it works, but I see a 'spell check' button below the reply box...lets see what it does!

Oh..

Oh my.

That's GOOD.

That's VERY GOOD.
    THAT WHAT SHE SAID!
    BS-YOU begins after BS2- Done 1/31/13
    BS3- DONE 5/31/14
    BS4 -Ongoing
    BS6 -198,400 (new mortgage starts 1/1/19, 0 made/ 0 eliminated)
    BS7- Someday

Our DFS from FPP- 3/15/13- 2nd Hour

"Be a beacon of Hope, not a teacher of math" -Dave Ramsey 10/9/14 #FCMS