BS7: July 31, 2014

website for my art: http://TheArtOfSurprise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Re: Helpful hints

How about posting pictures? I posted one in PH and it was very small (never did learn how to do it in the old software). Others have posted nice, large pics.
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

Spreading the word stressedmess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to ask dumb questions...but I am not the most savvy computer person

I cannot locate a 'next' or 'last/previous' button for the pages within a thread. Trying to use the page numbers to navigate gets tough because the buttons are so small. Am I missing something?

I have other questions...but for now that is the one bugging me. Thanks.
    BS 6 - $11,436 remaining
    Retired Aug. 2014

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stressedmess View Post

I cannot locate a 'next' or 'last/previous' button for the pages within a thread. Trying to use the page numbers to navigate gets tough because the buttons are so small. Am I missing something?

What would you think ---

Previous 2 3 4 Next
    or
    << 2 3 4 >> ?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One thing I've done is make an attachment then click on the attachment to get it's link, then use THAT to post the attachment inline, but it is clunky.

You can, of course, link to images hosted elsewhere, but that's not what you're talking about.

I'm seeing some interesting options - need to find one that works with this version.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Mr. Greebo View Post

What would you think ---

Previous 2 3 4 Next
    or
    << 2 3 4 >> ?

I like the Previous/Next personally, but anything that is easier than trying in vein to touch the right page number only to clunkily get the wrong one. Thanks!!!
    BS 6 - $11,436 remaining
    Retired Aug. 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've tried installing a mod for that but it doesn't seem to be working. It is on my radar, however.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The old site had a 'Last Read' that was handy.

Also, when I post a reply, it throws me back out the main menu within the category that I am posting in, rather than remaining within the thread I just replied in.

Am I doing something wrong?
    BS 6 - $11,436 remaining
    Retired Aug. 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's an option you can set but I THOUGHT I'd set the default for everyone to post then return to the thread. I just tried again. Check now please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing for Greebo.

It worked!!! Thanks.
    BS 6 - $11,436 remaining
    Retired Aug. 2014