User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Completed change requests

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    The reason I didn't like the chat feature at the MTMMO forums was that there was no ability to see who was in the chat room before you actually went into the chat room. I want to see if it's people I would even want to chat with before going in. That way, I won't need to be seen, said hello to, etc., if I'm just going to leave right away when I don't see anyone I want to chat with.

Now I sound like a big fat hairy douche.
    Save $6.00 on the awesome budgeting software YNAB

Try Plan to Eat meal planning software. You can import recipes, type in your own, grab recipes from your friends, and it will populate a shopping list for you based on the recipes you plan to use.

Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an experience.

You can either live in the past, or look towards the future. You cannot simultaneously do both with success.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinItt View Post

Now I sound like a big fat hairy douche.
    You mean you think you didn't before?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Doormat secured with layers of duct tape around the edges. PeggyinDenver's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So was there still a thought of having chat rooms? Is that something that the software supports?
    Working on becoming the person my dogs think I am. When I rescue one dog it doesn't change the world, but sure the world changes for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes the thought is there. The software can support it with an add on modification but as with many other customizations I have in mind, I want to wait until we get upgraded to vB5.

The problem? The upgrade process isn't working and I'm not getting very timely help from the vBulletin people.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...fetch_userinfo
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    Yes the thought is there. The software can support it with an add on modification but as with many other customizations I have in mind, I want to wait until we get upgraded to vB5.

The problem? The upgrade process isn't working and I'm not getting very timely help from the vBulletin people.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...fetch_userinfo
    Good. Freakin'. Grief.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well I'll be skewered.

I had no idea you could refresh the upgrade page and it would keep going past the failed step.
    still going.png
    If this works then we'll be able to do testing of vB 5 and **** the vbulletin team.

Doormat secured with layers of duct tape around the edges. PeggyinDenver's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Frankly part of the problem with chat on the old forum was that the app sucked large babboon testicles. If the app were decent I'd use it.
    Working on becoming the person my dogs think I am. When I rescue one dog it doesn't change the world, but sure the world changes for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    You mean you think you didn't before?
    Good point!
    Last edited by CousinItt; 09-20-2015 at 08:20 AM.
    Save $6.00 on the awesome budgeting software YNAB

Try Plan to Eat meal planning software. You can import recipes, type in your own, grab recipes from your friends, and it will populate a shopping list for you based on the recipes you plan to use.

Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an experience.

You can either live in the past, or look towards the future. You cannot simultaneously do both with success.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paquita View Post
    I would like to see a Like (or whatever y'all decide) as well as a HUGS button. I don't post much but sometimes I want to show that I read a post and am thinking of them. {{{Shelbruk}}}
    Paquita, There is a 'like' button on v5. You can log onto the Tester's forum and try it out. I don't really care for v5Bulletin though.

I find it harder to track threads I want to follow.
    BS7: Jun 23 2014
    BS6: Mar 28 2012
    BS3b: May 20 2011
    BS3: Nov 12 2010
    BS2: Oct 23 2008
    BS1: Oct 1 2008
    Retired: Jul 2002

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    This may be already here and I can't find it, but how can you see if anyone has replied to a thread you've started?