Thread: Completed change requests

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: What features would you most like to see added?

along the line of smileys the heart and broken heart, the drinking ones, and animated ones would be good too - I know we are a fixin to move to the bestest forum home in a bit but just tossing those out there. ;D
    Team Sarah

Life is full of choices and all choices have consequences both good and bad; so choose wisely - me

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I hate how smf smilies work. There's a very limited set of basic smilies and just to add more choices I had to add a weird mod.

vBulletin smilies admin is much easier.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Mr. Greebo View Post
    I hate how smf smilies work. There's a very limited set of basic smilies and just to add more choices I had to add a weird mod.

vBulletin smilies admin is much easier.
    Good to know I will wait patiently for the migration then.
    Team Sarah

Life is full of choices and all choices have consequences both good and bad; so choose wisely - me

Changing the future georgiadawgmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Limit adding your website to members here a month or with X number of posts. There are several members with ad/spammy websites that aren't posting. I don't mind a member here having their business linked, but looks like we are attracting some riff-raff.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiadawgmom View Post
    Limit adding your website to members here a month or with X number of posts. There are several members with ad/spammy websites that aren't posting. I don't mind a member here having their business linked, but looks like we are attracting some riff-raff.
    That's usually inevitable with online forums that aren't closed to the public.

I'm used to weeding them out. Once they show themselves, they'll be gone.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Picking up speed lumberjack2001's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If there was a way to jump to the last read post in a thread that would be awesome. The old site had it and although it wasn't always perfect, it was usually pretty close.

Also, and this may not matter because of the move tomorrow, but is there a way to disable it from telling you that someone posted while you were writing your own post and that you might want to reconsider posting?
    BS1 - Completed 12/2012
    BS2 - Completed 12/2013 - paid off 26k+ in one year
    BS3 - Completed 11/2014
    BS4 - 15% to 401k plus 6% company match
    BS5 - n/a - no kids
    BS6 - Payoff Goal: 2034

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars. Norman Vincent Peale

Likes to push her luck too much. SueandTom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lumberjack2001 View Post
    If there was a way to jump to the last read post in a thread that would be awesome. The old site had it and although it wasn't always perfect, it was usually pretty close.

Also, and this may not matter because of the move tomorrow, but is there a way to disable it from telling you that someone posted while you were writing your own post and that you might want to reconsider posting?
    You can do that now. Look at the far right of your screen for a little icon listed on each thread. Boom!
    BS7: July 31, 2014

website for my art: http://TheArtOfSurprise.com

Bad Immerito! Bad, Bad Immerito! Immerito's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

An insert video link so that videos are embedded inside a post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SueandTom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lumberjack2001 View Post

You can do that now. Look at the far right of your screen for a little icon listed on each thread. Boom!
    And the 'New' button on each thread takes you to the first unread post.

but vBulletin's navigation is vastly better all around IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

A 'Forum Basics' sticky with how to add pictures, how to decrease picture size if necessary, explaining the new gmfeatures of the new software - blogging, picture gallery, etc. in an easily understandable form.
    Irene
    BS7 Heaven on earth

TEAM SARAH

I've left for parts known & unknown and I'm not coming back!
    RETIRED!

Nothing I say on these boards should be remotely construed as medical advice.

INTJ - rare among women