Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bad Immerito! Bad, Bad Immerito! Immerito's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    OK, the dust is starting to settle. The name of the site has changed, we are gathering moderator nominations, and we've got donations set up and nearly fully implemented.

So - what else do people want to see? I know Lex is working on SSL but only the geeks will understand that one

Top of my personal list:
    1) CHAT
    Was chat used that much? I never saw anyone in there.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It was used quite a bit for a while, then fell into disuse.

It's my opinion at least a portion of the reason it fell into disuse was the lack of promotion. The most common complaint I heard about Chat was "I don't go there because nobody's ever there." If there were a regularly-scheduled Chat session or two, maybe people would have a reason to be there. Of course, the second most common complaint I heard about Chat was "I went there and people were already having a conversation; I didn't want to interrupt." Typically, Chat etiquette states that one shouldn't expect to be having a private conversation in a public chat room (there is usually a way for private person-to-person communication outside of the publicly-viewable channel, though) and there's nothing wrong with anyone entering a room and giving out a general "Hello!" even if there is other traffic in the room. Perhaps a few threads on how Chat works would help ease people's concerns.